It is that time of year again and many of you, just like I am, are setting your goals and New Year resolutions for 2015. Those ideal goals could be in your personal life, your professional life, or even a goal that you did not achieve last year.
How many of you set goals for 2014, but did not reach them? How about created a temporary change, but it didn’t last like you had planned? Even more, how many of you have set the same goal for years upon years and still have not achieved it?
The idea of “New Year’s resolution” is traditional and fashionable, yet often it is unsuccessful. We are told to set goals and dream big, but in most cases it only last for a short period of time.
So, my question to you is what can we do differently to make sure we reach our goals for 2015 and make our dreams possible?
Let’s set a plan together, but what I need from you is a commitment to yourself. Are you ready to take action? Action is the step that is required in order for these 10 steps to become your reality. Unfortunately, I can only be there to support you but you have to be willing to do the work.
Now that we got that out of the way, let’s get to this and make it happen! Here are 10 simple tips for making your goals and dreams for 2015 possible.
- Write down a list of goals that you would like to accomplish this year. Do your best to set a minimum of 7 and no more than 10. Make sure that your goals, balance between the different areas of your life. For example, maybe 1 or 2 for your professional, 1 or 2 for your health, 1 or 2 for finances, and/or 1 or 2 for relationships.
- Create an action plan for each of your goals on the list. Set specific action steps towards the end result. Please keep in mind that you may not be sure exactly how you are going to achieve the goal or dream, so begin by writing down where to start. Example, maybe you would like to change careers, but not sure what you would like to do, so maybe your first step is to spend some time working on yourself or getting a life coach to help you.
- Start to explore and understand what you have done in your past over and over that did not work. Becoming aware of what you have or are doing will help you make a change and try a different avenue.
- Next, after understanding your old habits, find new ways to achieve progress towards your goals. Growth occurs outside of your comfort zone, so if this step is “uncomfortable” for you then you are doing it the right way!
- Focus on just ONE thing at a time! If you do too many things at once, then you will drain your motivation and limit your ability to succeed. Make sure to take each step at a time, not rushing to the next.
- Maintain your focus and keep it steady. Take one day, two days, at a time, focusing on each step and giving it your full attention (better known as being in the present). Too often we attempt to skip the small steps, which lay the ground for success.
- If you chose a goal that has been on your resolution list for several years, then it is time to resist it this year or find another avenue. For example, if your goal is to lose weight each and every year, then set a specific amount, time, and decide a plan on how to do it or just do not put it as a goal at all. Change the goal of eating healthy and find a diet plan that works for you and your body type. You can also do this “I want to lose 20 pounds by June 1, 2015 and I will work out 3 days a week, find a diet plan that works with my body type, and record it in my journal.”
- BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! In order for you to reach your goals, you must believe in yourself and believe that it is possible. If you doubt that the goal is obtainable then most likely it will be. Say it out loud several times a day and make yourself believe it as your reality!
- Measure your success every step of the way. Even the small progress should be celebrated. Give yourself rewards for each step. All of your goals should be measurable because that will give you a way to see your success along the way.
- Understand that success is steady not just a one-time thing. When you understand that failures are only lessons and opportunities, then you are on your way towards success! Remember, to not give up when challenges occur, learn, make a change, and keep pushing!
This year, believe that it is possible, make changes that stick, and go for your dreams! 2015 will be your year!
For any questions or if you would like a free “Make Your Dreams Your Reality” session, please contact me at 786.571.7050 or email email@example.com
To a year full of endless possibilities,